Sunday, December 17, 2006

Started Swimming

We started to go for swimming from yesterday. We went to a close-by pool maintained by the city council, which is located in nice area surrounded by park lands.

The decision to go for swimming was almost sudden and accidental! We were watching the Aussie selection swimming meets on TV, and got the feeling that we should go for it as well. My wife loves it and has done lot of swimming during her school days and even participated in several meets and won some as well, so it was quite naturally something close to her. For me, I always loved it but haven't spent much time on it. I went to learn swimming when I was very small, and know the basics. I gave it up after few months those days, and yesterday, I started it after almost 15 years! I was not that bad, it's a matter of getting the rhythm right for me, and I think I am getting there.

As a child, I went to Otters pool in Sri Lanka, but never went to my school (Ananda College, Colombo) swimming pool even though I have sold so many ticket books in order to collect money to build that huge pool. At uni, we were offered to use a close-by pool free ( probably uni paid money for us), but I never took the opportunity, some of my friends really enjoyed that.

Anyway, I am happy that I could start it after some time and am looking forward to it. We are thinking of going for a swim bi-weekly.

No comments: