Thursday, December 21, 2006

Reaching Out

One of the concerns at the start of blogging is, even though you keep writing, how do other people get to know that things are being written on this blog.

Reading on how blogs really work in the practical scenario explained to me that more through friends and peers getting to know about it through word of mouth and then linking you through their blogs. Commenting on other people’s blogs is also seen as a good way of reaching out people. Someone adviced me to have the blog name as a part of you signature for all the personal mail. So, now I feel like things are working out a bit. Also, I should thank Mahasen who has written a blog about me starting to blog! http://mahasen.blogspot.com/

I heard some politicians printout their Blog addresses in their campaign leaflets during election campaigns. There are so many politicians who use blogs effectively to get the ideas across to the general public. But I found some Blogs maintained by MPs that have not been updated for ages, this I think would have an adverse effect on them. If you do something, do it right, if not, don't do it! Simple as that.Blogging culture has come in to mainstream journalism as well. Websites such as BBC news, The Australian etc. do have blogs, which provide forums for interactive discussion on current affairs and interesting topics.

5 comments:

Mahasen said...

Keeping it up is not an easy task, although I have managed to keep up an active blog so far for 2+ years, there are periods during which the blog is the last thing in your mind.
Have hit counter, it motivates you to blog when you know others have visited your blog.
Seeing comments from others is also a motivating factor.
To increase traffic, make comments on other's blogs. They are sure to check your blog out after that...

රුවන් said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
රුවන් said...

වියුණු සටහනට ඡායාරූප එකතු කිරීම
(Adding photos to the BLOG)

ආයුබෝවන් යසස්,

ඕස්ට්‍රේලියාවේදී ඹබ ගන්නා ඡායාරූපද, වියුණු සටහනට එකතු කළ හැකිය. මේ සඳහා www.flickr.com වැනි ේසවාවක් ඹබට ප්‍රයෝජනවත් විය හැකිය.

මෙයට රුවන්෴

Note: Refer this link if you cannot read this comment:-Read my comments (Read the comment titled - If you cannot see "යසස්")

Yasas Vishuddhi Abeywickrama said...

s\wSwQyQ!

Yasas Vishuddhi Abeywickrama said...

Ruwan, I can read your comments as I did the installation. Anyway, I can't install the the Keyboard bcos I do not have the WIndows CD with me right now. So, unfortunately I can't type in Sinhala, but I can read. Thanks for the input.